<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 15, 2004

Bizarro Libel 

"And I think if you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a [Republican], she would tell you that she's being who she was, she's being who she was born as."


...

HEMMER: I want to talk to Liz a second here and talk about your family.

Almost every interview you've done lately, this issue comes up. You have an openly [Republican] sister. Her name is Mary. The reason I'm bringing it up, today, is because there was news on this issue last night.

Alan Keyes, who is here in New York as well, running for the Senate in Illinois, referred to Mary based on his definition, about how he sees [Republicans] in America as a selfish hedonist.

When you hear those words, how do you react?

LIZ CHENEY, DAUGHTER OF DICK CHENEY: I guess I'm surprised, frankly, that you would even repeat the quote, and I'm not going to dignify it with a comment[.]

...

The communications director for Bush-Cheney, Nicolle Devenish, said Kerry miscalculated the impact of his remarks and now is "backpedaling from what is a crass, below-the-belt political strategy to attack the vice president's daughter."

...

"This is not a good man," she said. "Of course, I am speaking as a mom, and a pretty indignant mom. This is not a good man. What a cheap and tawdry political trick."

...

"I love my daughters. They love their daughter. I was trying to say something positive about the way strong families deal with the issue," [Kerry] said in a statement.

...

The vice president stated no objection when Edwards, a North Carolina senator, brought up Mary Cheney during their debate last week. Edwards expressed "respect for the fact that they're willing to talk about the fact that they have a [Republican] daughter, the fact that they embrace her. It's a wonderful thing."

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com