<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 20, 2004

More Than a Linguist 

"Anyone who says, 'I don't care if Bush gets elected' is basically telling poor and working people in the country, 'I don't care if your lives are destroyed. I don't care whether you are going to have a little money to help your disabled mother. I just don't care, because from my elevated point of view I don't see much difference between them.' That's a way of saying, 'Pay no attention to me, because I don't care about you.' Apart from its being wrong, it's a recipe for disaster if you're hoping to ever develop a popular movement and a political alternative."
-Noam Chomsky, 2004

In other news, did anyone notice Boston (yes, Boston) release an anti-Bush album in 2002?

I leave you tonight with a choice lyric from those anti-corporate radicals, Boston:
Fare thee well,
global extinction's forever.
So what the hell,
order your Mercedes in leather
Veal crates, ozone holes
and toxic waste
And don't count out religious hate
Who can survive this manmade fate?


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com