<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 09, 2004

I'm Up To One-Hundredth Of a Pack A Day 

Air pollution hurts little kids.

Yet, bizarrely, I don't see New York, Minneapolis, Dublin, Washington, Kansas City, or Manitoba banning cars.

Which is odd, considering their great concern for public health and the protection of lungs from people like me.

Now, I'm not a rabid libertarian smoking-is-good-for-you angry old man, but I would like to point this out (with the caveat that it comes from the site of one of those aforementioned types):
Fact: On page 3-46 of the report the EPA estimates, based on nicotine measurements in non-smokers blood, "this would translate to the equivalent of about one-fifth of a cigarette per day."
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com