<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 25, 2004

I Would Compromise the Security of the Network For a Klondike Bar 

A recent British study by the Institute for Advancing Silly Research shows how cavalier we all are about this whole Internet thing:
A man posted outside a London subway station at rush hour offered a chocolate bar to random passers-by if they would reveal the password they used to log on to the Internet. Amazingly, more than 7 out of 10 took the offer.

The authors of the survey decided these results were disappointing. I think differently (I, like John McCain, am a maverick and don't pay any heed to conventional wisdom [though according to the rule of the Old West as I understand it, I am obligated to belong to the first person to successfully brand me]). I think this is great news, as my chances of being given free candy are significantly higher than they were before I learned of this study, and all I have to do is lie to some British guy with a clipboard.

I'm only kidding, of course. I would never give out my password to anyone, and no one could ever figure it out -- not even the Majel Barret-Roddenberry-voiced supercomputer aboard a certain starship. Ahem.

[All British researchers wishing to give me chocolate bars may contact me through the comments section of this blog entry]
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com