<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 11, 2004

The Baffled King 

Like Scout at and then..., I'm having a bit of trouble trying to square this quote from the President:
Bush said the document contained "nothing about an attack on America."
with, you know, uh... reality. I guess I made the mistake of living on the plane of existence in which the title of the August 6th Presidential Daily Briefing was Bin Laden Determined to Strike Inside the U.S..

Also, in my world, the PDB said this:
F.B.I. information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.


Er... I guess that must have referred to that New York that isn't in America. Or maybe the phrases "suspicious activity" and "preparations for hijackings" are bureaucratic jargon that don't actually mean "an attack."

Or maybe the president is a really lousy liar, facing a press that never challenges his blatantly false statements.

Have a Very Happy Easter on the Road Map to Excitement.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com